To ensure every Guest experiences a pleasant stay at our property / apartments, and by booking and making a reservation at the Alston Apartments hotel, you have agreed to accept the following Terms and Conditions :
- Registration and Identification Upon arrival, all guests staying at our hotel are required to sign a registration form and must present a driver’s licence or similar photographic ID and one of them should match the name on the presented credit card and booking confirmation, the Exceptions can only be made by prior arrangement. Guests anticipating arrival outside of reception hours must contact 03 8341 6100 or via email during reception hours at least 2 days before arrival. The pre-authorisation will be applied to your credit card. Access instructions will then be emailed to you. Adequate identification (current Driver’s licence, passport or other form of photo ID) is required at time of check-in to verify your identity. The manager reserves the right to refuse entry if Identification is inadequate.
- Reception Hours :
– Monday – Saturday 8:30am-7:00pm
– Sunday 8:30-5:00pm
– Public Holidays 8:30am-2:00pm
..(unless special arrangements) 24/7 After hours phone support
- Payments You will be charged the total invoice amount at the time the reservation is made. You can pay via MasterCard, Visa, bank account, and Cash. At the time of writing, VISA/ MASTER Credit card have a 1.5% surcharge, and AMEX/ DINERS have a 3% surcharge. A booking confirmation will be sent to your nominated email address which should be printed and presented on check in. If you are paying by Cash, we will refund the full amount to your card once receipted when you Checked-in. If you are paying by Cheque, it must be banked and cleared 10 days prior to your arrival. Prices are quoted in Australian dollars, and are on a per-apartment per-night basis and the total booking amount will be based on the date period confirmed.
- Pre-authorisation Guests are required to present a MasterCard or Visa card for a $200 pre-authorisation on check in. The pre-authorisation may be $250 or over, depending on circumstances. This pre-authorization validates the presented card, and acts as a bond to cover (but not limited to) lost key/s, breakages, damages, smoking in the room, bringing pets, excessive cleaning and helps protect both the cardholder and Alston Apartments from possible fraud. The pre-authorised amount is set aside on behalf of Alston Apartments by the card issuer i.e. your financial institution and is released up to 4-5 business days after activation, depending on the issuer. Note a pre-authorisation is not a charge. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, Alston Apartments cannot lower or release the authorised amount until check out. The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit. For further information refer to your card issuer. If you do not have a Credit Card, or there is insufficient fund in your Credit Card, we will require a Cash Bond of minimum $200 – $250+, depending on the nature of the booking.
- Bond (credit card or Cash) – when do we forfeit and deduct your Bond? The Bond or security deposit in the form of cash or credit card pre-authorisation is collected to cover any incidentals that were caused by you or anyone in your apartment during your stay. If the damages/ incidents/ monetary loss exceeds the bond collected, you agreed to indemnify us for the costs of repair. On reasonable ground, 3 quotations will be obtained and we will elect the lowest price as the value of compensation. If you refuse to pay, an official report will be filed to the Victoria Police for certification purposes together with your Driver’s License, and a solicitor will be appointed to commence the debt recovery process. We especially pay special attentions to “smoking” in the apartment, pets, parties, and excessive noise. Any evidence of smoking in the room or bringing Pets to the apartment will result in immediate forfeiture of the bond. As our staffs are non-smokers, we are extremely sensitive to unusual smell. Minimum 2 Witnesses will be required to verify the smell if there is objection from you. Any disagreement will move the matter to Consumers Affairs. Incidentals such as lost keys, breakages, damages, smoking in the room, bringing pets, carpet damages due to pet and cigarette burns, excessive cleaning, and resolving other disorderly behaviours, will all be recovered from the Bond.
- False Fire Alarm incidents. In the event that you (or anyone in your apartment) accidently triggered the Building’s fire alarm and subsequently causing the arrivals of the Melbourne Fire Brigade (MFB) Vehicles to show up, and later MFB deemed the incident as a “false alarm”, You agreed to indemnify Alston Apartments hotel for the penalties / costs associated to the false alarm issued by the Melbourne Fire Brigade. Please refer to the Compendium on how you can prevent yourself from activating the building’s fire alarm. In summary, it is your responsibility to switch on the rangehood when you are cooking, and never open the apartment’s door to let out excessive cooking fumes unless there is actual fire. If the Building’s fire alarm is triggered due to these reasons you agreed to pay for the costs issued by the MFB. At present and prices may subject to change, each MFB truck costs $531 per 15 mins per vehicle. As part of standard procedure, two trucks usually show up.
To further reinforce on the above Terms and conditions above, to ensure the comfort of every guest we further emphasize the following policies:
- STRICTLY NO SMOKING in the apartment, the balcony, patio/ terrace, Fire exit stairways, and the air space within the building are all strictly non-smoking. Smoking in the apartment damages the ambiance of the room: the smell stains the furniture / air conditioning unit / and damages the carpet, and causes the next Guests to suffer an asthmatic reaction. Cleaners often required 2 hours to completely neutralize the air. Hence, a minimum of $150 Fee will be charged to your credit card/ or deducted from the Bond if a slight cigarette smell is noted in the room. However, you may smoke outside the property (outside the main entrance) or take the Lift to level 3 and smoke in the Open space terrace. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME – pets have damaged and stained our carpet in the past with their scratches and droppings, resulting to unnecessary clean up and repair cost, therefore we reserved the right to inspect and enter your apartment (whilst you are away) if we suspect that you are hiding or keeping pet(s) in our apartment. Any evidence concluding that a pet was present in the apartment, we will deduct/forfeit $200 from your credit card or Cash Bond per night. We do not negotiate on the degree of damages.
- NO PARTY & NO EXCESSIVE NOISE – Please note Alston/ Drummond Apartments are for “accommodation use” only. Our intent, as an accommodation provider, is for all our guests to enjoy and experience a pleasant rest at our property, as a result, we enforce a strict NO PARTY policy. Any person(s) found to be creating excessive noise, having a party in their apartment or exceeding the numbers of permitted guests will be evicted without refund. Regardless, all visitors must leave by 11pm each night and only the registered overnight guests (limits apply) are permitted to be in the apartment after this time. Alston Apartments Hotel may evict a guest or visitor without warning and Police will be contacted if a Guests /party / group refuses to cooperate and continues to create unreasonable and excessive noise after 11 PM (despite our friendly and courteous warning), no refund will be given if this situation occurred and full Bond will be forfeited for this disorderly behaviour. We ask that you contact the Reception should you experience excessive noise from other guests/ visitors.
- INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOURS For the interest of public safety and ensuring every Guests experiences a pleasant stay at the Alston Apartments Hotel, we will enforce a Zero tolerance on Guests behaving badly & inappropriately at our establishment, including (but not limited to) drug / alcohol intoxication in the premises, swearing, screaming, loud music after 11PM, talking unreasonable loud, inflicting pain on others, verbal / physical abuse, and threats to Staff, damaging property, other Guests/residents, security personnel, including self, disrupting other Guests peace & quietness, creating unreasonable noise after 11PM (breaching Section 48A of the Environment Protection Act 1970 (EP Act)), and other offensive activities. Alston Apartments staff will exercise its rights to warn, eject, and in extreme cases, with no warning, contact the Police on “000” for immediate eviction. No refund and full forfeiture of Bond. Guests shall comply with all reasonable requests, instructions or demands made by the management. In summary, Alston Apartments reserves the right to charge the guests for damages and any replacement cost of any loss, theft, or damage to keys, furniture, fixtures and all fittings in the apartment/s and associated common areas, including excessive cleaning if deemed justified by management. Fair wear and tear excluded.
- VICTORIA POLICE The duties of the Victoria Police are to prevent and manage disorderly behaviours and crimes. As an Accommodation Provider, we work closely with the Victoria Police to ensure the safety of our Guests. For all disorderly behaviours committed in the premises, we will let the Victoria Police manages it. As a Guest, you are encouraged to contact the Victoria Police on “000” for all suspicious activities at the Property, and to report any anti-social behaviours, but also please attempt to call Victor on 0425 736 826 as well.
- CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT Check In time is anytime AFTER 2pm – early check in may be available but not guaranteed. Check Out time is anytime BEFORE 10 am – late checkouts may be available but not be guaranteed. Guests anticipating arrival outside of reception hours must contact Alston Apartments during reception hours at least 2 days before arrival. The pre-authorisation will be applied to your credit card. Access instructions will then be emailed to you
- Cancellation If cancelled or modified up to 28 days of your arrival date, no fee will be charged. If cancelled or modified later, or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. However, we do accept cancellation based on “special” circumstances. If after check-in you have a change of plans, or are dissatisfied with any aspect of the accommodation and decide to cut short your stay, the type and value of compensation, if any, will be at the discretion of Alston Apartments. We may offer the “Off Set” arrangement as a solution in which we will endeavour to sell the room nights as urgently as possible and refund the balance to you. We adopt an honesty culture at Alston.
- Bookings All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an individual over the age of 18. The property has the right to refuse any booking when the legal parent / guardian over 18 cannot produce current photo ID. Quotes and reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking. Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of the price, which will be subject to written advice on confirmation of the reservation. A confirmation email will be forwarded to your nominated email once the booking process is complete. The person affecting a booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all persons named in that booking. Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests, we are unable to provide a guarantee. There will be no refund for early check out. A late check-out fee may apply if the property is not vacated prior to this time.
- Travel Insurance Alston Apartments Hotel is located in secure environments and we do everything possible to ensure security levels are maintained, and we ask that our guests do so too. However, Alston Apartments Hotel takes no responsibility for any personal possessions that are lost, stolen or misplaced whilst on the premises. In that regard, we recommend that our guests obtain an appropriate level of travel insurance. Alston Apartments Hotel strongly recommends that, at time of booking, you consider purchasing a Comprehensive Travel Insurance of your choice. Travel Insurance can be purchased from any travel agents. We suggest that the policy include, but not limited to, the following coverage – loss of payment through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses. We, and on the behalf of all employees or agents do not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of themselves, their employees or agents for injury, damage, or loss to persons or goods whatsoever or however the same may be caused and they do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given in statement made by their service providers in terms of travel arrangements. Furthermore, Alston Apartments Hotel will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those travelling with you in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other travel vehicle & services resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, fire, floods, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule. Please note that all travel documents, observance of laws and regulations of various Governments are your responsibility.
- Group Bookings (booking of 6 apartments of more) A refundable deposit equal to 50% of the total accommodation cost is required to be paid direct to the Alston Apartments bank account within 7 business days of issue of the booking confirmation. The balance must be paid in full 90 days prior to check in, upon which the deposit becomes non-refundable. The group coordinator on behalf of all guests in the group will be required to present a MasterCard or Visa card for a $600 pre-authorisation on check in, or make an alternative arrangement prior to check in. If the reservation is cancelled within 90 days of expected check in, or the group fails to check in, the total accommodation cost payment will not be refunded.
- Internet Access Alston Apartments assumes no responsibility for any connection difficulties between its proprietary system and guests, WiFi devices, LAN Port, Laptop and associated Ports, or CAT5e connection.
- Other General Conditions Alston Apartments tariffs do not include payment of transport costs incurred by guests to or from its properties. Descriptions of Alston Apartments by its employees or agents during the booking process are made as accurately as possible and in good faith but no responsibility or warranty for misdescription. Individual apartments may differ slightly from those depicted on the Alston Apartments Hotel’s website. The number of guests in the apartment/s at any one time shall not exceed the number of guests declared when booking or upon check-in. Should at any time the number of guests in the apartment/s exceed the number declared, Alston Apartments reserves the right to
(a) charge extra according to the additional number of guests or (b) terminate the reservation immediately, without a refund. In the unlikely event Alston Apartments cannot provide booked accommodation, Alston Apartments will undertake to relocate guests to alternative accommodation of equal or higher standard at no expense to the guest. Should there be no such available accommodation in the vicinity of the original booking, guests may be provided with accommodation of a lesser standard. If this is the case, any reduction in costs will be refunded to the guest. The alternative accommodation offered will be at the discretion of Alston Apartments. Should the guest wish to choose accommodation of a standard other than that offered under this condition, the guest will be required to pay any difference in tariff between the Alston
- Complaint resolution procedure If you believe you have a legitimate complaint about any aspect of your experience with Alston Apartments Hotel, we will genuinely try to rectify the issue for you. Complaint is to be submitted in written form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your complaint in 48 hours. And should you become dissatisfied with the outcome, you are encouraged to lodge an application to Consumers Affairs of Victoria. Please ask our friendly staff for more information.